I had a very sweet weekend with my boys. We didn't do anything out of the ordinary and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I woke up Sunday to beautiful flowers and an adorable card. Tyler "scribble scrabbled" his name, but after seeing this and being a bit disappointed in his skills, Sawyer ran back down stairs to fix it for me.
The Friday before I joined the boys at Primrose for Muffins with Moms.
At church, they took free Mother's Day pictures. I just love the shot they got, even though Sawyer is half cut off on his stool. He gave me a REAL smile for Mother's Day.
Here is a pic from last years Mother's Day.
We even tried to comb Tyler's hair - but that dang cow-lick always pops up! Oh well, still precious!
Per my request, we went to Luby's for lunch. JH said he thought only old people liked Luby's and Sawyer complained there was no pizza. By the end of the day, Sawyer, was like "Is Mother's Day over yet?" Maybe I pulled that card too much!?! nah!
And also on Mother's Day, my sweet little (Not So Little) baby (not so baby) boy turned 1.5 years old! At his well baby appt, I learned that he is in the 88th % for weight and 85% for height. If he didn't' favor me so much, I'd be worried he wasn't mine! I think 30% of his weight is in his cheeks...ohhh his cheeks!
He's really dense!
And, shocking to us all, his hair is blonde. Truly. There is not a strawberry tint like Sawyer's, but it is blonde!
At 18 months, Tyler....
- Wears size 6 diaper
- wears 24 month/2t clothes
- takes a good 3 hour nap at home, but only an hour and half at school
- LOVES to eat...anything
- is very independent. He doesn't really need a play mate. He just opens the back door and walks on out. This is very different than Sawyer who still prefers company.
- loves books (finally)
- loves to dance
- loves to be outside
- is getting more words but is less articulate than Sawyer- probably has like 25 or so
- follows directions and listens very well
-is pretty dramatic! He will have a full on flailing fit if you take his ball or tell him no more outside! We call it "drama llama." He gets over it in under 5 seconds and it's quite theatrical....even Sawyer is impressed.
- I would not describe him as chill anymore. More even keel, but not chill
- he is extremely active, a very focused active, but he does not sit still.
- he does not like diaper changes or anything that requires being held down.
- his favorite person is by far Bubba, but a very close second is Dadda. I mean the world stops when Hunter walks in that door and he runs to him numerous times a night with open arms to be embraced. I am sure I rank up there pretty high, but I think if he had just those 2, he'd be just fine.
- He loves to make toot noises (already?!?), laughs when he toots, burps, etc. ALL boy
- He can dribble a soccer ball and throw a ball really well, and lives to play with balls.
- he gives kisses and hugs on command, but will flat out tell you "no" in his sweet chipmunk voice if he doesn't want to
- he can point to most body parts and is learning animal sounds
- I cannot tell you how much I love this little guy. Sometimes I look at him in awe and can't believe he's all mine. It's so crazy how your heart just doubles!

No comments:
Post a Comment